Friday, March 21, 2008

Spread the word - it works!

The situation in Tibet is a challenge to the conscience of the world.
Not everyone gets out on to the streets like me (and I am pretty new to it), but its seems that positive action pays off. Gordon Brown is going to talk to the Dalai Lama and Nancy Pelosi (speaker of the US House of representatives) has asked for an investigation into China's behaviour in the Tibet unrest.

You will have heard that the Chinese will treat those Tibetans who hand themelves in to the authorities 'with lenience'. My friend has spent many years in a Chinese jail. They beat him so badly he was left for dead. I don't think China understands the word 'lenience'. My friend cries for those held in the prison - he knows what will happen. Despite everything, his needs are simple. Tibetans are not interested in money or power. "It doesn't matter whether Tibet is independent or not, as long as Tibetans live in happiness," he said.

Peace and compassion are not 'nice to haves' they are absolute necessities .

Keep talking my friends - it works

No comments: